Well today marks the day I bottled the stout. In the end I wound up with 98 bottles. The sample I took at the end was delicious. The only part of this brew that I would change would be the hop level. I initially hoped that it would have a bit more of a bite, but all in all I am happy. It has a nice roasty stout flavor with a light hint of the williamette that I used for the aroma. Good day and a good brew. I hope to enjoy it fairly young for St. Pats. Drink up!
Well, over the last couple days I've been stripping bottles of labels. This is a tedious process, but in order to bottle the stout I need 100 of them. I am excited to bottle it and am planning to bottle it up this Thursday.
To strip the labels off of the bottles I generally just do a hot soak in water for about 2-4 hours in a cooler. The cooler helps keep the heat in and I can do 24 or so at a time. I've heard that adding baking powder or oxy clean can help remove, but honestly, hot water works just fine.
The easiest labels - New Glarus,Northwoods . Moderate labels - Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams, . PITA - Rasputin, Great Lakes.
Hi! I'm Charles. I live in Wisconsin and by living in this great state I have managed to get an interest in brewing beer. This is my adventure that I will share with any willing folk.