I started the strike water up to 160 and then added the grain to the pot. Mixed in the mash about when a friend came over to view my process of brew in a bag. I did a 75 minute mash for this and ended up getting close to 80 percent efficiency. This is my best yet!
With the new burner I had a bit of trouble getting a boil going, as I was not sure how high to have it without eating all of the gas I had. I eventually found a happy medium of flame to gas. The boil was simple and went without a hitch. I aerated the wort pretty well before pitching a starter into each carboy, and was then onto cleanup- really not that bad.
This morning I woke up bright and early to check the fermentation. The carboys have a nice krausen on top and I'm getting good bubble action going. Signs of a healthy fermentation me thinks! I'm looking forward to this one, as I am sure my wife is!